May 15, 2007

And we're back...

The blog is resurrected.

Just off the jet from California. New apartment, new job, new voice at powerHouse.

Speaking of the jet, I watched over four hours of television while on the flight from Los Angeles. My attention span astounds me when on airplanes. A few months ago on my way home from Tokyo, I shamefully admit that I was able to watch The Lake House in its entirety. During my recent travels last week, I watched a healthy dose of the Food Network, VH1, and MTV, specifically The Real World: Denver. It was like watching emotional math equations. Roommate + obvious rage issues = several toddler-like meltdowns. Roommate + alcohol + fight with new girlfriend = arrest for urinating in public. Granted, this roommate is black, living in a televised petri dish of a very white Colorado city, but what I’m getting at is, what happened to those idyllic first season days of the show when roommates were simpler archetypes. Or maybe the point really is, turn off the television and pick up a book.

Then you’ve come to the right place.

Again, welcome to the powerHouse blog, where you may acquaint yourself with us, our titles, our gallery, and our events. Let us know who you are and what you’re looking for. We’re open.

The dialogue begins anew.

Yours truly,
pH
www.powerHouseBoooks.com

No comments: